Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Workin It This Week

I am doing a slim in six express diet and am doing well. I don't want to get complacent and wanted to lose a few more pounds before vacation although I feel comfortable with where I am. Plus, my clothes are all getting to be too big. I was going to go to yoga today but my back is still bothering me so will go home and do something else.
I am worried about the next few weeks. I am sure I won't lose on vacation and want to alleviate any gain. My plan is to stick with Core foods and eat a lot of protein and fruits and veggies and whatever healthy grains I can. I will have a few desserts and a lot of alcohol but we will be pretty active. I do want to enjoy myself. The week after I will have to miss weight watchers but will go back to the six day express diet or something similar.
Our weight watcher leader offered a scale challenge for the week. She wants us to weigh in on Saturday and not see the weight and then go to meeting and answer the question how did we do for the week. She is doing this challenge especially for the people who weigh in like three times a day and I will abstain. I only weigh myself at weight watchers and look forward to that every week. I already know how I am doing this week. I am sticking close to my plan and don't see myself falling off between now and Saturday. I already know that I gauge my life by the number on the scale and I am a long way from getting past the point where my weight doesn't dictate my mood and emotions. At least I am not in denial about that.
Some day I would like to go on the Core Plan when I am closer to goal, but am still at the point where "eat until you are satisfied" translates to "all you can eat". I do see a lot of people successful with that program though and feel it is healthier. However, my diet is already mostly healthy core foods. I do eat the smart ones and weight watcher desserts. Yumola. I try to stay away from processed foods for the most part. I have fresh steamed cauliflower and homemade meatloaf for lunch. My coworker has something in a box that won't satisfy her for long I am sure.
Time to eat yummy lunch.

1 comment:

Lady Sue said...

The main thing is you have a Plan...and I know you can stick with it...enjoy your vacation and don't worry...from the sounds of it you have it covered...

I agree with you about the scale...it's so damn hard not to let what the scale says "dictate" my mood...I'm happy when it moves down and depressed/panicky (sp?) when it goes up, that's why I only weigh myself once a week (if that).