Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Low Carbs

Are killing me. I am on a 40/40/20 nutrition plan right now. My only carb is oatmeal in the morning and popcorn at night. Not counting fruits and veggies. I am starving all the time. I just had lunch of chicken and salad and a small piece of dark chocolate. Yesterday was a big workout day. I did a new Alwyn Cosgrove workout and it went fast. I thought it wasn't very effective but today is creeping up and kicking my butt. I also did 50 minutes of elliptical. Today I will do yoga.

I quit my Ediets membership. I feel I have moved up a level or two and that listening people to talk about avoiding food at work is not useful for me. I haven't eaten at a work potluck for years and now that I have a reputation around here, I wouldn't get in a line and even pick at fruits and veggies with the coworkers carefully watching what I eat. I have long been a closet eater anyways. Food tastes better when I am alone. Kind of a eating/masturbatory thing I have going on. LOL

I might be teaching my third class in yoga next week if the teacher I am subbing for doesn't cancel her vacation. Hope not. I got some new yoga clothes from Victorias Secret. I probably won't wear them to practice in but have to look cute teaching. The sweat in Bikrams just ruins your clothing. I wear short shorts, sports bra, and long tanks. I can not let my midriff show now, if ever, and I can't stand long pants or capris sticking to my legs with sweat.

I am seeing some results but after five weeks am starting to feel like I am stuck with this extra flab and skin. My clothes are fitting better but my body has never really been in better shape than this. Plus the fact that I am 50 and have spent most of my life as a fat person makes me think this is it. My body does not want to budge off weight or get in better shape. I was looking at Rachel Hunter and think she has a fabulous body at her age, but she has never been obese so how can I even think of getting to that point. I will keep plugging away though. Would love to see some flab leave the abs, but it sure is hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about thinking that your body prefers to be a certain weight and doesn't want to go lower than that, but I try not to think that way because I want to reprogram my subconscious. Try embracing your new, fit body and let go of your memories of your overweight body from the past, and start believing that you are a fit athelete (because you are!) and your body will reflect it. You are doing all the physical things you need to do to get to the advanced fitness level you aspire to, but you gotta work on the mental aspects too. I am cheering for you! :D