Wednesday, March 14, 2007

WHO ARE THEY KIDDING

I was on the elliptical doing HIITs for about 55 minutes yesterday and noticed how little effort most people put in their workouts. (I am working it HARD right now and am sure my trainer buds will yell at me for the long session, but it just felt so good.)

Anyway most of these people are wasting space on the cardio equipment. I go to a gym that is on a big ten campus so most of the people there are kids 18-22. There are people who work here that go there, but mostly kids. It is funny watching the girls workout pre-Spring Break. They do this every year. They go in and do a ton of crunches and then take a magazine on the elliptical for a leisurely stroll. I am there working my butt off and sweating. A lot of these girls don’t need to work that hard though, but a lot of them look like they don’t know what they are doing and it makes me laugh. Plus you can tell there is too much body fat on them for the abs to show so I can tell they are doing nothing with nutrition. Probably drinking beer all weekend and eating salads all week.

My experts convinced me to stick with the Afterburn program so I did a weight workout last night. I will be full on to it next week. I have a weigh in Friday morning so don’t want to weigh in with my muscles holding on to a lot of water. Today is yoga, tomorrow cardio and yoga, and the same for Friday. Will start hard and heavy Saturday with weights. I think mentally I feel I am ‘different’ and this won’t work for me. So I have to battle mostly with myself.

I did change up my nutrition. I was advised to go to 1200 for a few weeks but have ended up at about 1300. I logged my Fitday and Weight Watcher logs and this is where I want to be. I noticed I have significantly cut back on the fat and have upped the protein. Am sure I will tweak this more next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

an off topic question...stumbled across your blog while googling all things Bikram (I'm an addict too, planning on attending training in Fall '07). Was curious about the TT you're involved in...is this a prep program thru your studio (with the ultimate goal of Bikram Training- which is in Hawaii now) or will you come out of this certified (thru your studio) to teach?

Thanks.

S.