Friday, March 09, 2007

Yoga Teacher

Some months ago, I started participating in a yoga teacher apprentice program at my yoga studio and tomorrow I am teaching my first yoga class alone. I can’t wait. I did a practice on Monday and it went really well. I have been working on the dialogue a lot and feel comfortable and ready. I know a lot of the students and am not intimidated at all. I practice a lot and work at the front desk so people are familiar with me. It will be cool.

I think I am shrinking from my program but the scale will tell tomorrow if there is fat loss. A few weeks ago I noticed a bulge in the waist and that seems to be gone. It is hard work though because I am doing a strict Afterburn program with 4-5 hot sweaty 90 minute sessions of yoga a week. I don’t want to over train but do feel very tired physically. Today I am just doing my cardio session and then relaxing. I am doing a yoga class tomorrow and then teaching tomorrow. Sunday I will do yoga and weights.

The nutrition is the hardest part for me and the scale totally freaks me out. I talked myself out of going last week because I had been on a food binge the prior Saturday. I have been binge free for two weeks. That is one of my problems. Binge eating. Yup, I will admit it. Then I have to diet to take it off.There is a huge woman I work by who I can’t stand. Never talk to her. The woman eats all day long. At my heaviest I never ate that much. She is eating chips and cookies constantly. I feel like I am eating constantly too, fruit, raw nuts, protein shakes. She munches on chips all morning, goes out for pizza, then eats all afternoon. What are people thinking? I just eat a lot at once and then suffer for it all week. An eating disorder is an eating disorder though.

No comments: