Monday, February 20, 2006

Its Only A Pound

Well, I am down a pound and 19 pounds from goal. I only lost a pound this week. I love it when people say that. Especially at weight watcher meetings. One reason that this is working for me is that I think only a pound is huge. It is a step in the right direction. I didn't stay the same, I didn't gain, and that pound of fat was hard earned. I have to thank myself for my efforts. Thank you Joan.
I also hear the braggers at meetings. Two women behind me lost over two pounds. That does not make me feel bad, because they are huge and if they get within 20 pounds of their goal, they will also have experienced plateaus, gains, tiny losses, and feeling like they are getting nowhere. But those small losses add up. One week I lost .2. One week I gained .8 and I would have given anything for that .2 loss. I have had two small gains since I joined ww and those were not true gains, because I worked the program, but I think the body doesn't always recognize my efforts. It is like a delayed scale effect. Then all of a sudden. Bam.
I have also had to give my body permission to lose. It took a long time to get through the 190s. I think the fat I lost was filled with pent up fear and anger and tension because that what my life was like when I gained those pounds. So I had to let go of those emotions with the fat. I remember a couple of times laying in savasana in yoga and thinking body, yes you can get rid of THAT fat.
I also noticed that when I feel stress now, there is a lot less tissue and fat to hold it in, so I don't feel it as much. My daughter has a problem right now, which of course I have to help solve, that caused me a lot of stress, but I am just not feeling it in my body. I am also not using food to soothe it. I am using yoga and shopping and cooking healthy meals.
Anyway on a lighter note, I tried on swimming suits for my pending Ochos Rios vacation. Not good, but not horrible. I pulled out some sculpt dvds and am working on those now too. I will be fine by vacation and can definitely find two swim suits that will look decent by then I am sure.

No comments: