Wednesday, February 08, 2006

If She Has Said It Once......

I have worked in this office with this overweight woman for four years. As I have said before, as I have yo-yoed, she has stayed the same or gained. In the time I have known her she has barely bought herself new clothes. Every time a season is ending she says the same thing. That she will buy clothes when she loses more weight. She said that today. The sad thing is she hasn't lost any weight since I have known her. She is wearing the same clothes she has on every day for the four years I have known her. She recently bought a gym membership and does go regularly, albeit whining about being sore from the equipment.
The thing that isn't working for her is her diet. She eats the wrong things. She eats lots of sugar and processed foods all the time. Or fast food. She thinks picking up something from a Chinese takeout is healthy.
I think losing weight is 90% about the food. I think drinking water and exercising are essential components to weight loss success but if you just do those two things without monitoring evey bite, you won't be successful. I used to do that. After my climbing Devil's Lake trail incident I did initially work at getting in shape. I bought home exercise vidoes and did those. I got very fit, but I stayed fat for a long time, because I didn't really change my eating habits.
Now I spend about 99% of my day thinking about food. That hasn't changed a bit. I constantly plan what to eat, when to eat, and what I can change to keep my weight loss up.
My fiance is taking up exercise due to our upcoming trip. He must be intimidated by the nude beach. I know I am. But what a whiner. Between him, my coworker and the women at the weight watcher's meetings, I feel like I am at a 24/7 whinefest 2006.
Last week the ww women were whining about drinking water. I mean I am sorry, but I don't belive that many people actually gag from drinking water. I mean, do it and shut the hell up already.

No comments: