Wednesday, April 12, 2006

WINDING IT UP

The last two days went pretty quickly and we did not do too much more than we already had that was illegal or immoral. On Thursday we had our last excursion into the mountains for some horseback riding. We went up to the mountains, took some pics, and came back. After that we went back to the resort and sort of chilled. Had a magnificent last dinner on the patio that had shrimp, ocra, and papaya. There might have been other foods, but I could not get enough of those other items. Besides some wine. Then we danced for a while to some live music. I also attended a Nia class that afternoon. That was really fun. It was fun to just let my body dance the way it wanted since I am so use to the 26 Bikram poses. I worked out in the gym daily too. They did not have an elliptical, so I did the stair stepper. That was an awesome machine that really worked my thighs and butt. I need butt shaping since I am generally shapeless there no matter what I do. My daughter has a ghetto booty and always makes fun of my butt.
The next day I got up early to go on the stepper and watched the sun rise over the ocean. That was awesome. Then I went to my last Pilates class and ate a huge breakfast. Was sooo good, had an omelette and pastries. That was really my only pigout when I was there. We got ready to go and I sat in the porch area and watched the rain come in and the breeze. It was a light rain, the only rain we had while we were there. I was very high and it was very soothing. Poor John. He is even more JOHN than he normally is on pot. He is already laid back, confused, and paranoid all the time, so the effect of pot makes him more HIM than he already is. LOL He sat and watched our luggage in the lobby for about an hour after they took it out there. Have no clue what he was worried about. The lobby people were standing there. LOL Poor guy. I sure do love him though.
It was a quiet trip to the airport, always more fun arriving and felt kind of sad. We had an airport delay waiting for another plane that had passengers for our flight. I was really exhausted. Slept a little on the plane and we didn't arrive in Chicago until 11:30. Had a lot of turbulence since we flew over those horrible tornados in Tennessee. Then we drove home and got home about three. It was so cold in Chicago. Was about 30. What a shock
I still have vacation brain but am getting better. John is talking about our next getaway, maybe Hawaii? I do like the idea of a resort vacation that is all inclusive with NO KIDS around. Am sure they have those in Hawaii.
I haven't weighed in yet. I am going to weight watchers this weekend. Hope the damage wasn't too bad, but I did break down and went back to Ediets and am doing the Perricone plan and am sticking to it. All my old Ediets buddies are raw though and feel myself getting sucked in. Last time I tried it I was much heavier and felt panicky but think I will do a raw until dinner thing. I ordered the raw detox book they are going by and put a bid on a juicer on Ebay. I would like the juicer anyways. All those guys are doing Bikrams. I am the one who started that addiction. Speaking of addictions, almost felt like forgoing the weight watcher/diet thing after vacation and going to NA and AA meetings. 12 step started Saturday. I haven't had a drink since that last rum punch before we left on Friday.
I have replaced it with green tea so have a total caffeine buzz going right now.

6 comments:

Lady Sue said...

Joan...just curious...Do your buddies at eDiets know about your blog? For some reason I haven't told my groups about my blog...not quite sure why..guess I just want somewhere I can go and not have to worry about being judged. Altho I love the support I get from both of my groups....
I loved hearing about your vacation...you did good Girl...with all of the dancing and working out on the stair stepper I'm sure you will be pleased when you weigh in.
Sue

Joan said...

Sue, no I did NOT tell them about the blog. For the same reasons you did. I am enjoying the support I enjoy reading about the vacation too. Wish I were back there!

Lady Sue said...

I won't tell if you don't....

Your vacations sound sooo much better than mine...I wish I would win the lottery so I could do all the things I dream of...but instead I'll just read about yours..I can't wait for you to go to Hawaii so I can live vicariously thro you..
Sue

Joan said...

Sue, did you and your husband go on vacations together? This is really my first type of vacation like this at age 49!
Kelly, no I didn't tell anyone about the blog because some people might be offended like family etc. It really is a place to rant for me.

Joan said...

Sue, did you and your husband go on vacations together? This is really my first type of vacation like this at age 49!
Kelly, no I didn't tell anyone about the blog because some people might be offended like family etc. It really is a place to rant for me.

Lady Sue said...

Joan, we did go on vacations but not like the one you guys did...
We would go camping to Yellowstone, or to Gulfport MS to gamble (which was a hoot because we both get stoned)..some of this is because Larry was in a wheelchair and mainly because it wasn't something that interested him...not that I didn't totally enjoy what we did..but I have never been out of the states or on a cruise..I keep tellng myself that is one thing I will do someday.

Kelly. re: blogging...I did tell my Daughter & Niece..sometimes I wish I hadn't since there are times I would like to blog things that I won't want them to read..but most of the time it's not a problem...
Sue