Monday, April 17, 2006

13 Pounds Until Goal

Back to business after all the vacation hoo-ha.
I went back to my weight watcher meeting on Saturday after two weeks and lost 1.8. I was worried about a small gain, but I lost over the two weeks that included my vacation and was extremeley pleased.
I am getting a lot of negative feedback from family members and it is really pissing me off. I told my mom I lost over vacation and that I am in my size 8 jeans and she said she didn't want to talk about it. She was snippy with me in general so I called my sister to see if she had been feeling poorly lately and she asked about my vacation. When I mentioned the food was so good, she said, "You didn't stick to your diet the whole time did you?!" This was said very viciously as was my mom's comment. My daughter also said something snippy about how white women, including me, have a screwed up ideal of the female form.
I mean, I am hardly too thin and there is should be no real worry about me venturing into anorexic territory. I still have a substantial amount of fat on my body believe me. So why the viciousness?
I was also greeted with a vicious remark first thing this morning about my shoes. If you don't wear frumpy shoes around here, apparently you are hated.
As far as my mom and sister are concerned I have decided to not say anything again about weight. I will shock and awe them in Augst when I see them. I told my daughter it is okay to not agree with me on things, but as my daughter I expect her to be on my side, as I am with her, period. When good things happen to either of us, there should be no envy involved as there is with my mom.
My coworkers can talk all the jealous bitches want to about my shoes. I will wear what I want, including stylish shoes and do not have any intention of dressing down to suit them as I continue to lose more weight. Bitches.

2 comments:

Lady Sue said...

OOOOHHHHH...I wanna to hear MORE about your shoes...shoes are a real weakness for me...I love shoes..I just bought a new pair this weekend..four inch heels with a wrap around the ankle strap sandals..I love them, they are soooo damn sexy..no one here at my work wears this kind and that's what I like about them...they make me feel good...

I know just how hard it is to not be able to talk to your family about how good you feel about your weight. I've had to bite my tongue about my weight around my family too...I guess because I'm so focused on losing weight that it is mostly all I have to talk about and they have gotten to where they don't want to hear it anymore..that's one of the main reasons I blog...
I won't worry about getting toooo thin...or what other people think...just do what you feel is right for yourself girl...and I'm thinking you are goimg to have to post a picture of yourself here soon so we can tell you how DAMN good you look...
Sue

Joan said...

I am going to put up a vacation photo when my beloved gets it ready.
You like shoes too!?!?! Yours sound divine.
My new goal is to not talk about weight loss except for support threads and blogs, even when asked. Will see how long I last.