Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Raw Truth

I have tooled with and experimented with going raw several times in the past, unsuccessfully. Normally I start out doing well but then get gripped by this strong fear and then quit.
I am doing a new experiment with it this week based on the The Raw Food Detox Diet by Natalia Rose. I just started reading the book, but she takes you slowly into a 100% raw diet in stages. This makes more sense to me. It is a real shock to the system. Also, she does not necessarily suggest going 100% raw is the best thing for everyone. Actually, I am quite sure I will never go 100% raw.
This week I am eating raw fruit until lunch and then a big salad for lunch. Yesterday I had that scared feeling, but it passed. Today I am feeling more energized and lighter. For dinner I had grilled chicken, whole wheat pasta, and spinach and will be having the same tonight as leftovers.
I will see how this pans out at weigh in. I logged the food into weight watchers and am coming up close to my point range and also logged it into fitday and came up with approximately 1400 calories for yesterday. I am also having some ezekial bread with peanut butter post yoga and milk. I also do not think I will give up dairy. I do not bloat from it and like it.
This book also has some good info on food combining but I just have skimmed these parts so far.
So this will be an interesting experiment and so far, I like it.

3 comments:

Joan said...

Sure Brad, feel free.

Prunella Jones said...

Hi - I've been on and off the raw diet several times and I have to say that when I am on it I feel amazing. I sleep better and my skin looks great. It is definately too hard to go 100% though. Right now I just try to have fruit for breakfast and salad for lunch and eat a regular dinner. I think it's helpful. You should try some raw cheese sometime. It tastes pretty good.

Joan said...

Kelly, a raw diet allows your body to detoxify for one thing. For another, it is really a good way to focus on what our bodies are MEANT to eat, raw fruits and veggies, but don't get me wrong. I am a HUGE carnivore who likes eating big hunks of steak. I won't give up meat. There are a lot of good websites with info.
Prunella thanks for stopping by. I didn't get as much out of the Carol Alt book as the Natalie Rose one I am reading. I read your web site. Interesting that you tried this recently. I am sticking with it for now. I have tried this before though and not lasted more than two days. Basically, I am doing what you are doing. I love your blog site.