Friday, May 25, 2007

This Week's Goals

This week's goals of working out and calories have been met for the most part. I skipped my cardio yesterday because I was attending this:

http://www.innerfireyogacenter.com/newsandevents.htm

Check out his web site:

http://www.esakgarcia.com/

This guy is totally my hero. He gave a demo of his yoga poses and it was incredible to see this in person. He talked about his training for this. Basically he trained for four years about 4-5 hours a day of repetitive contortionist training. I have a web site on contortionist training and basically he did a million backbends among other things to increase his spine flexibility and anyone can do it. I am starting my training today.
After the demo he taught a Bikram class and I totally tanked and almost puked and was dizzy and almost fainted. I don't think I fueled right and was tired from three workouts the day before. The last time I felt that tanked was when we hiked down the Angel Bright Trail at the Grand Canyon in July and I almost didn't make it back out. (The day previous to the hike I did a 7 mile run in the heat too) So I have no one but myself to blame. Wednesday should have been a rest day. I ate at two in the afternoon and the class was at 7. I should have eaten between 4 or 5. Anyway I know I was dehydrated because I sweat out buckets of sweat during the class and all the way home in the car. Then I was frozen from being in those sweaty clothes afterwards. Today I am tired and a little nauseous but will do my lunch cardio and will go home and do a full primary series of Astanga yoga and my new backbend routine. At least I can pass out in bed afterwards. I never learn.

And I still have in my mind at age 50 that I can do what Esak is doing. I never learn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is the contortionist training website? seems like this could really help with my bikram.

Thanks

BeepBeep said...

Joan!

How's it all going?

I've given you a Thinking Blogger Award. There's details on my blog, so come by and check it out if you have a moment.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for bringing such nice posts. Your blog is always fascinating to read.