Friday, June 08, 2007

Low Carb Diet

I started the fourth phase diet in afterburn three days ago. I did lose some fat noticeably. My jeans are definitely looser. I totally admire these women who can do this and I can see where it would get you ripped but I bonked bad after 20 minutes on the elliptical yesterday and almost passed out from three days of lettuce fish and chicken and egg whites. I rushed over to whole foods and ate a multigrain roll and a container of pineapple and raspberries and still barely made it through yoga last night. I am sticking to the main form of this diet but adding some more fats and fruit. Maybe the fat loss will be slower, but man, how can people do this. It was okay the first two days but ten days. If that is what it takes, I might have to settle with where I am at.

I went to two days of fabulous yoga teacher training last week. I had four sessions. The first was a meditation and closed eye flow class with Johnny Kest. Great way to start the conference. I have meditated every day since and Johnny said to email him when you spend an hour in total stillness with no physical movement. I am almost there.

The next session was anatomy with Paul Grilley. I have his dvd, but he is funny and smart in person and his wife was there and was cool, so it was a fun session. We used some great examples right in our class of how differences in skeletal structure from person to person affects what you can and can not do in yoga.

The third session was with Nicky Doane and her hubby Eddie Modestini. Might have spelled his name wrong. I think they were my faves. They live in Maui. How lucky can you get. She was an amazing yogini. She is on the third series of astanga yoga which is extremeley advanced. He helped me with some questions on my knee issues. He was the most knowledgeable person there with a lot of experience and a great understanding of anatomy. Their session was three hours of inversions. I came out with a sore back from the handstands and headstands but I was able to do everything, which was remarkable. Shows what good teaching can do.

The last session was a flow class and adjustments with Gail Mondry, a Kest protegee. She is very physical with her adjustments. Her flow was the best flow I have ever done. In the cold room, I worked up a big sweat. She was an amazing person. Wish I could go to more of her classes.

This week back to the work and continual daughter drama. Oh and the low carb thing. One month till the wedding. I bought the dress from Cache and got some shoes. I won't be at the weight I wanted but have worked out like a mad man. Results are slow at this stage. I would be happy with five pounds at this point. But the carbs are back. I had oatmeal with blueberries this morning with my egg whites and felt like I was in heaven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that you in your new headline photo? If it is, I'm amazed. The way you talk about having more fat to lose, etc, I was was picturing you...differently. So I hope that's you. Because she looks amazing!