Friday, June 29, 2007

Food Binge Alert

Yesterday I had a minor food binge in the morning. I hadn't had one in a couple of months. I stopped myself, got back on plan, but felt sick and still feel sick today. Thinking back on it I didn't eat that much. I had like three cokes, a candy bar, and some trail mix. Believe me, my normal food binges are more like five cokes, two candy bars, a bag of chips, and a box of crackers. The reason I had it is because:

1. I have been avoiding the scale. I decided to not go on before the wedding next week because if I don't like it I will freak out but I will do it the week after.
2. Major stress over finances and annoying people at work.

Also I am diet coke detoxing today. Not feeling good and most of the aftermath of the binge is emotions and trying to feel them, rather than eat them. I am dealing with the problems. One of my morning triggers is stopping at the convenience store for diet coke. Today I did not stop. Now I just have to keep doing that. My last three yoga classes have been crap too, probably for emotional reasons. The night before I had to go back in for a late night class because of the annoying people who work by me, and about halfway through I felt this major release of stress and it was gone. I also was sweating like crazy and could smell the diet coke coming out of my body, thus the reason for quitting. Again. It smelled metallic.

This has been a rough week. I feel beat up and tired. I am going to leave at lunch for yin yoga and then will go home and lick my wounds for the week.

On a good note, I am almost positive I am signing up next week for yoga therapy. In that I will be a yoga therapist. It is a 500 hour program. I mentioned it to the studio owner and she said she would LOVE to have a therapist on staff. It will work for me because I can get my referrals for my personal business right there.

No comments: