Monday, July 02, 2007

OMG Everyone Is Fat

I went to the fireworks on Saturday night.

It is true. Everyone is fat. It is an epidemic but I don't think anyone realizes it because they are probably in denial that they are fat. I know I am obsessed over my weight and my body image but I have to think it is better than just not caring? And just not caring about their health.

Most women in my age group are overweight. I would say the obesity rate in the 30-50 age range is pretty high too. But the younger women? I really did not see one woman there who was fit or trim. Everyone was either out of shape or overweight or both. There was one young women there running around in a bikini who should not have been. I wouldn't call her that overweight but she had no muscle tone. It seems like the younger women, like in the 18 to 25 range aren't exactly overweight yet but there was a lot of midriff pudge, that I attribute to sugar being too prevalent in their diet.

I should stop complaining. Really. The only way to stay in shape and to look good is to be a little obsessive. The alternative seems to be not giving a damn and eating all the chips I want. I hated myself overweight. Do all these people, not just women either, there are plenty of overweight men, just accept it or are they as unhappy with themselves as I was.

It isn't about perfection. It is about caring about yourself and your health. The statistics are out there on obesity. Children. Obesity. Don't even get me going on that. Diabetes. High blood pressure. All these life style related diseases. No one is listening though. No one is really willing to do what it takes to live a better life. I will go back to the fireworks next year, just to see if people have gotten fatter.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, it's sad, but true! I have thought the same thing many times recently...everyone is so slow, they just plod along, I can't stand it...if terrorists ever figure it out, that Americans are all hypoglycemic and obese, they'll steal our snaks and we'll be goners...

Anonymous said...

This is my first time on this blog and I really like the content ; ) Have you guys checked out thedailyskinny.com yet? It's mainly for healthy weight loss, but they also get into some great nutrition and exercise advice.

Anonymous said...

Great post. I was reading a similar topic on thedailyskinny.com that went
into how to lose belly fat first and why certain types of foods and exercise
aren't really as effective as most people would like to believe. Thanks
again for the info

Anonymous said...

Cool post! Thanks! Here is diabetic weight loss diet

Ali said...

COOL POST AND ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT WORK...

hcg diet