Wednesday, July 18, 2007

ALL GOOD FOR NOW

I am loving this new life I have, but I am super busy. It is fun being busy doing something you love. My ‘real’ job is not something I love. It is something I loathe. But, having the yoga training now gives me something to look forward to. I will be spending another full weekend in training but instead of thinking of it as something that will exhaust and drain me, I look at is as something that reinvigorates me. It gives me hope. That I won’t be always doing something I hate in a toxic workplace with toxic people. Hope is a good thing.

I am also not being as hard on myself for the small weight gain because this week I noticed that most people who lose gain, and the rest just gain. I am working with the Precision Nutrition program. I am getting married in February and we are going to Hawaii and I am taking no extra fat there.

At any rate, after reading several magazine articles about Janet Jackson and her great weight loss, I picked one up at the grocery store yesterday and yup. Janet has gained a ton back. I saw her 1200 calorie a day diet. No one can keep that up long term or life term. I would have been miserable on it for two days. Also, Kirstie Alley. Yup. Gained weight. I know those pictures of Jenny Craig and Nutrisystem look good, but I doubt and have not heard much raving about it. In fact,most of it is nutritionally devoid of anything wholesome and probably tastes like crap. From what I have heard anyways. I have never tried any of it. I don’t usually have frozen Smart Ones or any of that at home because it seems to me you are basically paying for the packaging. A lot of women carry them to work here to eat and when they make them in the microwave, I can smell that box smell and it doesn’t do much for me. I am sticking with superfoods and hoping I can keep this up. But 1200 calorie a day diets don’t work for me. I don’t like suffering.

Last week I had my first colonoscopy and basically had to starve for two days. This totally freaked my body out. I started a mini binge on Friday and then got myself in check. My digestive system is sort of back to normal today but I am so mentally and physically tuned into my body. My body just freaks out. Then my brain freaks out. I am trying to not listen to the brain much these days because it has been saying so much crazy stuff.
But it likes the yoga training and my new career. My mind, body, heart, and soul are very in tune with this. During the weekend we were in a yoga class and I just realized that this is the right thing to do and I could not not do this. I would regret that even with all the craziness going on. It is all good.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Has anyone read or heard anything about Fatlossity? It's supposed to be a money back guaranteed weight loss system that works on nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle factors to help you lose weight fast and keep it off. Any info would be helpful – thanks!