Thursday, July 19, 2007

THE THING

Crazy insane stuff this yoga is. I hadn’t been to Bikrams in a week and have been doing ‘flow’ type which, for me, just isn’t the same. It is yoga and it is good. And for some people. A lot of people actually. It is the thing for them. But the thing for me is Bikrams and really pretty much that is the only thing that solves ‘it’ for me.

Anyway I went to class last night and hadn’t been there for a week. After having this crazy colonoscopy stuff that three my body off, the weight gain, and the brain stuff that is driving me insane-o. And working as hard as I can to get the food thing on track, which is time consuming and also causing me big time brain problems. Right now, not listening to my brain is taking a lot of energy.

I knew I needed yoga last night but I walked into the studio and it was superhot and I didn’t think I would get through it, but I rocked it like a rockstar instead and just realize it is the only thing I get a total mental, physical, spiritual release from. It takes care of it all.

But that is just for me. It may not do that for anyone else but for me, it is the THING. That works. I am going back tonight. Might have a bad class but it really doesn’t matter. I know it will work and I know something will be better because listening to my brain right now is just bad. NOT a good place to be at.

Also on the subject of yesterday. Celebrity gain back. Has anyone seen Courtney Love. She is very skinny right now. Apparently she gained weight up to 182 pounds on a macrobiotic diet and now has lost 45 pounds in four months drinking two protein shakes a day and one meal of fish and veggies.

She will gain back. Because she is an addict. She just spent four months being addicted to a diet. She will fall off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a total gossipaholic. I think Courtney gained weight after she cleaned up from the drugs (she later made a comment about all those young celebrity girls who'd do the same once they sobered up)...I think she's using again, and that's what is up with the extreme weight loss. She looks like she's using again, too. So I guess it could be worse; if you screwed up your metabolism with speed/meth/stimulants, it would be sooo hard to get it back on track and stay in shape! Hang in there Joan! I noticed Caustic Muse didn't make her goal for her wedding, and she is totally disciplined...she just ran out of time given all the wedding stuff she had to do...she's my current mentor in the 'keep it going' department...she just adjusted for the wedding, and now is getting back on track with another plan. It makes sense, our bodies adjust and adapt to survive, so we have to keep mixing it up and changing the plan...

Anonymous said...

Great to read such a post...I have something for you that, I am proud to say I just finished week 5 on my weight loss program and have lost 17lbs already! The best part is I have more energy and feel great about myself. I know there a lot of programs out there, but I recommend Fatlossity.com