Tuesday, August 08, 2006

More Pics Coming

I just posted that because I joined photoshop and wanted to experiment with the only photo I had. I will put up a before and after soon. I found the before and have to get it scanned and upload it. It is pretty bad. Will be a good laugh.
My weight watcher scale showed me up .6 last week but I know I didn't gain. I am looking at my statistics but at least once in every decade, I have a gain that is unsubstantiated. From looking at these stats I also see it is usually followed by a big loss the week after either because the loss is unsubstantiated as I believe, or that I just work harder since I hate gains. I have a weight I am shooting for for next week which is my family reunion.
My family is a bunch of major alcohol and food addicts. The only thin people have married in. I am not looking forward to this reunion since my mom is already driving me crazy. She said something so mean to me on Sunday it almost sent me reeling into food and lazy land. I almost talked myself out of my workout yesterday and am starting the same thing up today.
See the problem is that I broke the family contract of being out of control as a foodie and a drinker. That usually means everyone will be uncomfortable and when people get uncomfortable, they attack. Because they are scared of what they are seeing.
Yup, there is me, proof that it is not genetic. Proof that it can be done. Proof that everyone in the family is not like THAT. Plus I won't make it easy for them because I will not give in. Nope I won't do it. I won't cave.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really don't know why you are still in contact with your family! My family were pretty revolting and I chose to live without them but they were nowhere near as bad as yours.

Life is too short to be miserable - go with your gut instinct - do what makes you happy. Give your family an ultimatum and also tell your DF that his kids detract from your life and that you don't want to live like that any more.

You have done SO well.

Anonymous said...

I can relate to your feelings about your family. In my case it's just my sister, but she is cooold to me, and hostile, when I lose weight. You clearly know what's really going on with your family! IMO the best approach is just to feel sorry for their insecurities, truly, know you are doing/have done the right thing with your eating, and not talk about it at all. If you can see past their insecurities (which is causing their meanness) and focus on their good points, on being family, they may back off. Don't let their hostile comments get to you...they're coming from a dark place. You'll be taking the high road and, who knows, maybe they'll secretly be inspired.