Monday, April 23, 2007

HERE!

Since I got a request to start bloggin, blog I will. I thought I was a lone dark voice in the middle of nowhere.

I won’t use the superbusy excuse to not blog but I sort of have been. I started that Alwyn Cosgrove Afterburn and after eight weeks I am seeing results. My body just did this abrupt change especially since I am nailing the nutrition.

You see folks nutrition is 90% of the equation. Now the workouts are totally reshaping my body but without the food plan, I would not be losing the bodyfat I am.
I am doing some tough workouts but the nutrition is so key to this. That plus intense workouts mean bodyfat lose and a hot bod. So right now I am more intense than ever on getting what I want. Which is a rocking body at age 50 that a 20 year old would want.

And I am not that far from it. My gym is on a Big Ten campus and as a worker bee here I can use their shitty facility for a nominal fee. This is hardly a nice health club. It has everything in it, but not in the best environment. For one thing it is really busy. But as hard as these kids workout I see few bodies I admire. These girls have no clue. They go and do a bunch of crunches, then do a leisurely 30 minutes on the elliptical while reading a magazine and then out to drink beer for the weekend. Since when do 20 year old girls have love handles. I am at the point where I can see what they need. Most of them need to train on weights, tighten up the nutrition, lose the beer, and work up a sweat once in a while.

On top of all this I am going to Bikrams 4-5 times a week. Oh yeah, and now I am teaching HOT yoga, which is Bikrams in disguise. My students really like my classes. Actually this has been life transforming for me. I have only taught seven classes, eight counting tomorrow, but I am beginning to question am I an accountant who is a yoga teacher or a yoga teacher who does accounting. Being a yoga teacher feels more true to my authentic self. I struggle with my real job, but feel natural at teaching yoga. Actually that is what people keep saying to me. You are a natural. Wow. Life transforming.

I also quit Ediets. I could no longer relate to the people on there. It seems like they were using their emotional problems as excuses to keep fat rather than actually working at the emotional problems. It is an easy veil to hide behind. I did it. Getting rid of the denial took a LOT of work. I no longer live in any denial where I can discern it whether it is about food, family, life or whatever. I am very aware of it in others though. Someone comes up with excuses for something and I go oh yeah, ah DENIAL. My daughter actually did this. She is overweight and has been working at it and whined to me a week ago that high blood pressure, obesity and diabetes were HEREDITARY and she had it on both sides of the family and is scared. I chased her out of that. I said the only thing on both sides of the family are lifestyles conducive to those problems and if she did not change the lifestyle that she is at risk, but she does not have these things in her genes. Maybe the proclivity for obesity but she isn’t inheriting it, like on that stupid blood pressure commercial. God I hate that. Pharmaceutical companies LYING to us to see drugs and make us want to take their drugs. They also make it look attractive to be on prescription poison. Actually they do make it look sexy etc. It is called marketing. Be aware. These are the people who sold this company a bill of goods about tobacco and alcohol and now use it for the food they poison us with.Does that seem drastic enough?

1 comment:

BeepBeep said...

YAY, you came back.

I feel like there'll be a new wave of more intense cardio workouts that will sweep throughout gyms in the next 5 years or so. With God as my Witness. Or maybe it's because i've just discovered it recently. How long has the Cosgrove bloke being flogging the slog?

It wasn't that long ago for me that cardio seemed almost relaxing. It's good those chicks are lounging on the exercise bikes sipping beer and writing papers. At my gym it means i don't have to queue for weights. But you're right - if truth be told - it's a waste of their time and the result of misinformation.