Tuesday, November 07, 2006

THE BALANCE

The balance of power has changed with my weight loss. I knew I would deal with it in my family but outside of the family it has gotten worse.
I had planned a party for this Saturday over the past month and two couples were invited. The two women were friends at one point, but one has offended the other in a variety of ways and this past Sunday, the offended one, who is a better friend of mine, told me she didn’t want to come because of this other women. Because this is a work relationship, they will have to interact in social situations and the one woman is clueless that my friend is upset with her, because she has never told her. She just rants about her to me all the time. My closer friend, J, has somewhat of a martyr complex and informed me she had told df that she didn’t want to come. (They work together). Of course he spared my feelings and never told me but I was getting the idea that no one was too excited about my party.J has been very passive aggressive about my weight loss. Last time I saw her she seemed offended that I have lost so much and asked me in stern voice exactly how much more weight I intended to lose! Since then I have kind of laid low with her but was hoping my party would be fun.
Then she suggested to me she would put aside her feelings about the other woman, for my sake, and come to my party anyways. Awww!! What a great friend! That is SO nice of her Joan said sarcastically.
Well, I am not going to let her be a martyr at my expense. So today I pulled the plug and made a lame veiled excuse and cancelled the party after which she told me that she had intended to call me and tell me she was going to come. I don’t think she is stupid. She must realize I cancelled the party due to her, but she acted like she BELIEVED my lame excuse to cancel.
See this woman is exactly what she keeps calling the other woman. A selfish attention whore. She doesn’t want ME to have the attention by pulling off a nice party and being thin, so she ruined it for me! But I didn’t let her. Because I don’t need friends like that and as of today I no longer regard her as a friend. She suggested we get together soon but that won’t happen. I am not going to put myself in the position. Again. Of her having any power over me. I felt bad this morning but thought you know, why do I want to spend a lot of money on a party that no one appreciates. I just wanted everyone to have fun after all. I am not out after accolades or anything.
So I won’t be planning any parties any time soon with them. She suggested she would have a gettogether at her house soon. But I won’t go.
I also left her with the caveat that I had just purchased a large amount of EXPENSIVE clothes and BOOTS this past weekend because not long ago I told her on the phone I had purchased new jeans and she told me she wished I wouldn't do that since I am losing weight so fast and I am wasting money on clothes that will get to big.
I haven't lost any real weight in almost three months. My weight is pretty stable. Try as I will, the scale is not budging. My body is changing, but not my weight so I think where I am is pretty much where I am staying, with improvements.
Anyway I am better off with no friends at all than with this woman.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog! Keep it up. diet supplements My blog contains tips and information on achieving weight loss. Please visit diet supplements

Anonymous said...

Hello
Very nice site.
carnival cruise news doc http://carnival-cruise.obyh.info/ carnival cruise online
Bye